Golf Car Safety Tips
Whether you are playing 18 holes, cruising around your neighborhood, or driving on the job, golf cart safety should be a priority. Laws and ordinances vary by location, but we recommend always following these tips:
- Arms and legs should always remain in the golf cart.
- If your vehicle is equipped with seat belts – then use them.
- Do not carry more passengers than you have seats for.
- Be courteous and obey vehicle traffic laws.
- Never drive intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Always check blind spots before turning, and use caution throughout the turn.
- Look behind your golf cart before backing up.
- Avoid excessive speed, sudden starts and stops, and sharp turns at fast speeds.
- Do not leave keys in an unattended golf cart.
- Avoid driving in bad weather. Golf carts may be prone to lightning strikes.
- Avoid distractions, and don’t be reckless. This means you should not text, talk on the phone, read, eat, or do anything else that takes your attention away from driving.