Regular maintenance is crucial for optimal performance and longevity of your golf cart. By following these cart maintenance tasks, you can prevent downtime and costly repairs.
Electric Carts with lead acid batteries:
- Monthly, check the water level in your batteries to ensure they are properly filled.
- Clean the battery terminals regularly to prevent corrosion and ensure a secure connection.
- Verify the tightness of the terminals monthly to avoid any loose connections.
- Check your oil levels monthly to maintain proper lubrication and prevent engine damage.
- Monitor tire pressure monthly, adhering to the PSI guidelines provided in your owner’s manual. This promotes optimal handling and extends tire life.
Brakes and Rear Differential:
- Every six months, inspect your brakes thoroughly. Clean them and adjust pads, drums, cables, and pedals as necessary to maintain optimal braking performance.
- Similarly, examine the rear differential to ensure it is functioning correctly.
- Check the operation of your reverse buzzer every six months to ensure it is functioning correctly.
Keep It Clean:
- Regularly wash your golf cart to prevent premature wear, tears, and rust accumulation.
Prioritizing routine maintenance will not only enhance the performance and lifespan of your gas or electric golf cart but also contribute to a smoother and more enjoyable ride. Trust the experts at National Carts to provide the annual service your cart deserves.